Monday, July 13, 2015

Fun around the Ranch!!

     With having five acres there is a lot to do.  Taking care of the Chickens , Rabbits, Turkeys, Ducks and Guinea's.  Along with the Kitties, and the 2 dogs.   

     Yesterday while Brent was out I got the front yard mowed  and one side and some of the back.  It's nice out there riding listening to music and just having a great time.  
Also worked on one of the flower beds in the front and got all the weeds and grass out of it.  Now I just need to work on the big area that is in need of a lot of care.  There are some flowers in the back so really need to get it done.




     All the poultry were let out early this morning to free range as it is suppose to be really hot.  Hopefully they are smart enough to find a cool place under a tree this afternoon and stay out of the sun.  Don't need any fried chickens today.  :) 

     The recent rains filled the soon to be duck pond back up and they are loving it.  It is a race in the mornings to see who gets there first in the mornings.

    The Guineas have also started laying and have been getting about 3 eggs a day so far. Now we just need to figure out what we are going to do with them.  We already have 7 so not sure we need anymore.


     My Mimosa trees that I bought several months ago are starting to do great.  I bought 6 off eBay.  It was a ruff start with several of them. So far it looks like 5 out of 6 are going to make it.  Some think I am crazy for planting them, but I have always wanted some.  Can't wait until I see my first pink flowers on them.

     The mommy rabbit that had her babies in the burrow in the ground brought them up today.  I went out to check on the rabbits to see if they were doing OK with the heat and saw one of the kitties looking at something.  That's when I saw the babies. 


     Cadburys babies are growing so fast.  Their eyes are open and they are even starting to jump out of the box.  Every time I go out I  have to put a few back in the box.

      On days like this Some of the rabbits get ice bottles.  They love it and the ones on the floor stay by the water cooler.Helps keep them cooler.



A few extra pics from the week.

Yellow Canna
Yellow Coreopsis

Rose Colored Poppy

California Poppy

Carrots and Zucchini from garden
Until next week,
The 2 Moore's Ranch

1 comment:

  1. Everything is looking good. I can't wait for your new Irises to be planted and start growing as I'm eager to see all the different colors you now have. The bunnies look so cute stretched out next to the ice bottles :)

    ReplyDelete

Merry Christmas from the 2 Moores Ranch

Isaiah 9:6 6  For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his nam...